- Information about our Calculus courses including text, syllabi, old exams, technology
- Share news
- Discuss assessments
- Gather data, perhaps of the nature suggested by Tim Robinson at the 2013 Articulation meeting, i.e., relating success with assessments that ranked using Bloom's Taxonomy
Calculus comes in many flavors:
- HS students may attend a college, take a distance course. They may also stay in the HS and take either a dual enrollment class, a concurrent enrollment class or an advanced placement course.
- College calculus courses have traditionally been of two types: engineering calculus or business calculus. In WY, engineering is a 3-semester sequence: Math 2200, 2205 and 2210. In WY, business calculus is a 2-semester sequence: Math 2350 and Math 2355.
- Just as the business calculus is tailored for a specific major, life science majors and SER majors at UW have tailored versions of calculus. Each uses a different text and syllabus.
- Calc(SER) is for chemistry, geology, renewable resources, and SER (
School of Energy Resources) majors Calc(Life Sciences) is for Life Science majors
Click here to download the working document. If you have documents or links to post from your school, please contact Lynne or leave a blog message.